Benefits to Teenagers
Our workshops are aimed at assisting deaf teenagers to integrate more effectively into the hearing world. Some of the benefits include:
- Improving their confidence and teamwork / leadership qualities
- Developing social skills and communication techniques
- Improving their outlook on life and career
- Developing a network of friends and support
- Sharing of experiences with others
Benefits to Parents
According to Deaf Children Australia, 95% of deaf children grow up in hearing families who have little or no experience of deafness.
Hear For You assists parents through:
- Support, sharing of information and experiences
- Encouragement, tips and strategies
- Reminder that hearing loss is a “difference”, not necessarily a disadvantage
Benefits to the Community
Hear For You also benefits the community locally and nationally as young deaf people have much to contribute to their community and to the nation at large.
Ensuring that these young people with hearing loss are successful individuals in terms of their personal and professional lives means that they contribute positively to society as adults.